Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Late bloomers

Hello darlings!




 I wish I could simply say ''oh, it's been a while'', with whimsy nonchalance while smiling awkwardly and playing with my hair, only after going on a 4 months hiatus announced, I feel like a little more elaborate explanation is expected.

 Only I don't have a stellar excuse to throw at you, much less a logical and valid explanation; let's just call it hibernation. Yes, that's a pretty name for it. Daria of Kittenhood used the term in a previous post of her own.

 I must confess I've been going through some dark stuff; some may call it depression, other white people's problems or other mumbo jumbo term for simply feeling down for a while. In my case, however, it's been going on for more than usual and I haven't really been able to shake it off, but I'm still trying. Baby steps my dear, baby steps.

If there's any consolation, the weather hasn't really been on my side either. I know it might sound silly to complain about the weather, but this continental nightmarish grey can do more harm than expected. Every year since I moved to Paris I kept complaining about the lack of sunshine and how we didn't get a proper spring. Well, I must say this year has been the worst so far -we got more snow in March than during most of the winter, we had a few sunny days in April but the rest of the time it's been just overcast, rain and drizzle and they predicted hail this weekend!

How can one think of frilly dresses and sandals with these chilly winds howling? I haven't even put away all my winter coats and I still prefer wearing tights with my skirts.

However, one thing that kept going despite my sheer neglect has been my little etsy shop. that's why I figured maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to try and start adding all the stuff I've adding to the ''to sale'' pile.

I must thank everyone who helped support my business, all the lovely people around the world buying stuff and all of you leaving nice comments and adding stuff to treasuries and pinterest boards, it really means a lot to me!

 It's so rewarding to get nice feedback and hear that someone is happy with the stuff you found!

So thanks again, everyone (especially a few lovely ladies from Australia who saved my broke ass a few weeks ago) and please bare with my flaky self in the future!

To end on a better note, here's a little taste of what's going in to be in the shop in the next few days! I have a lot of lovely dresses, cute cardigans and waaaay too many white blouses and shirts. Mostly 70s and 80s stuff with a hint of 50s and 60s marvels.

Stay tuned!

*Update* - these are now online! Click on description for the shop link


                                                     '70s Le Rayon Vert maxi dress


                                                        '70s Scarlet Empress blouse


                                                       '70s Damsels in Distress dress

Keep your eyes also on Twitter and Pinterest for more updates!


  bisoux,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment