Friday, May 31, 2013

Preview : Days of Heaven, early summer look book

Hello darlings!




Last time I was writing I've been hunting for the sun; now I have to admit I'm really falling for the soft light right before the dusk.

Some also call it magic hour, the very short interval before and a little after sunset that has that wonderful yellow glow.

Terrence Malick's Days of Heaven has been shot almost entirely at magic hour. And that's NOT the only reason to see it! The wonderful Edwardian fashion (and we all love the 70s take on Victorian/Edwardian style!), the heartbreaking love story, the landscape, young Richard Gere...

This is just a sneak peek on the look book  I've been working on for next week's shop update: a micro-collection of vintage romantic shirts and  blouses from the 60s, 70s and early 80s. Think crochet, pastels, sailor and peter pan collars.




Of course, the styling is more Edwardian summer vacation meets crazy California antique mansion meets Woodstock, with a modern floral touch- succulents!

I'm pretty happy with the first results, there's still much editing to be done! I already showed this to a friend whose reaction was something like - This is like Rodarte meets American Apparel! You look SO French!

I guess I can't really ask for a better compliment that that :)


bisoux,
Sandra 

No comments:

Post a Comment