Friday, July 19, 2013

Sweet Movie : Summer 2013 Look Book

 
Finally! The full summer look book is ready! Inspired by Dusan Makavejek's controversial cult comedy Sweet Movie and summertime in Paris,we shot over the course of 10 days in various locations in Paris and the suburbs. It has the sweetness overload of Makavejek's movie, yet it also captures the subversion and sheer fun that the movie depicts.

This also serves as a mini summer guide, as it showcases some of my favorite nice weather hanging out spots: Canal Saint Martin, the Quartier Latin and its many cinemas by La Sorbonne, the Seine and lovely bridges, as well as some lesser known parks and streets.

The dresses come mostly from my personal vintage collection, as well as from flea market hunts dedicated especially to this collection. There are items from the 30s,40s,50s70s and 80s, with all the cute prints and summer motifs : sailor and peter pan collars, nautical dresses, stripes, florals, whites and amazing patterns such as seashells or strawberries.

The dresses will be in the shop tonight and tomorrow. 



































4 comments:

  1. lovely places, lovely dresses! I have like 5-6 favorites among these dresses, but I bet those are the ones in your personal wardrobe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dearie! they will all be for sale anyway, but i get your point.

      only the two rose dresses (the one in the title pic and the one with a sailor collar), as well as the white shift were bought just for the shop, the others have been in my closet for a few years. I still love all of them but I'm really broke and I kinda need to um..grow up I guess?

      Delete