Thursday, December 12, 2013

Grey Gardens : Winter 2013 Look Book

I'm happy to announce that our winter look book is finally finished!

It was inspired by Grey Gardens for this atmosphere of a long gone glorious past, living ruins and the beauty of obsolete eccentricity, all things that fit so well with the overall French aesthetic.

It was shot in the famous Parisian cemetery Père Lachaise; yes, the one with the famous Oscar Wilde and Jim Morrison graves.

Need I say I completely froze my ass off? Luckily I was wearing a slip, but in the end it didn't help much.

There are dresses from the '50s through the '90s, mostly velvet  and corduroy , in dark, season-appropriate shades.

Part of them come from my personal collection, so be sure not to miss out on these beauties!

The dresses should be in the shop by the end of the week, but make sure to check back again.




















2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous & moody, their couldn't have been a better backdrop than an old cemetery, perfect for winter! Grey Gardens is one of my favorite movies, I can do a mean Little Edie impersonation, haha.
    Doing lookbooks must take you so long to put together, but they are always so lovely!
    -Kait

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thank you! i'm glad you enjoy these! it's hard work but it also builds a nice portfolio, so in the end it's worth it i think.
      some people do find cemeteries a little creepy tho.

      Delete